Yesterday was the best time to immigrate to Canada. The next best time is today.Canada has for years now opened its arms wide for migrants from hundreds of countries. Despite the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, Canada issued more ITAs (Invitation to Apply) through Express Entry than any other. The Canadian federal government invited over 61,850 eligible candidates to apply for Canadian permanent residency. Canadian Federal Government plans to bring in more than 1.2M immigrants in next 3 years and still needs 70,514 applicants to meet its 2021 immigration targets.
Now that we have established that now is the best time to move to Canada, why so? There are a number of reasons you should move;
1) The Canadian Dream is the New American Dream – According to Forbes, “data that shows that the number of people immigrating to Canada increased by 26% between 2015 and 2019, and is projected to rise higher as the country seeks to overcome the aging of its workforce while in the United States, legal immigration fell by 7% between FY 2016 and FY 2018, and is expected to decline even more sharply due to Trump administration policies” (let’s see how many policies the Biden administration can overturn). Companies in the United States are also projected to open office spaces in Canada due to their growing economy and workforce.
2) Canada is Student Friendly- In 2020, Canada welcomed more than 67,000 international students from 15 different countries. Studying in Canada opens a lot of doors to immigrating to Canada permanently.
3) The Canadian Economy is Booming – According to a recent report from Statistics Canada, the Canadian economy added more than one million jobs in June. As more people migrate to Canada, there is more growth in the provinces leading to growth in the economy .
4) Permanent free healthcare and public schooling for your children up until grade 12 for permanent residents.
5) Canadian Citizenship – Once you have been living and working in Canada for at least 3 years, it makes you eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.